Our Nationally Recognised Training qualification HLTAID003 Provide First Aid, as well as covering all the first aid essentials needed to be a first responder, also provides training specific to:
- first aid specific knowledge on situations relevant to those that provide services to aged care clients including dealing with strokes, falls or choking
- what to do in an emergency when you are on a service call to a client, and
- how to manage first aid for clients with dementia and other related conditions.
Please also ask us about customising this course and pricing packages for your organisation by emailing the RTO Manager.
About the course
Anyone seeking the skills and knowledge required to provide a first aid response to a casualty. The HLTAID003 Provide First Aid unit of competence applies to all workers who may be required to provide a first aid response in a range of situations, including community and workplace settings. The recommendation from the Australian Resuscitation Council s a refresher of HLTAID003 Provide First Aid every 3 years with an annual CPR refresher.
Duration, mode of delivery & assessment
- 8 hours face to face practical & theory session
- pre-reading of course material & completion of theory assessments prior to attendance, and
- assessment is by written, observation, practical and verbal questioning.
Course cost $140
The HLTAID003 Provide First Aid course provides skills and knowledge required to provide first aid response, life support, management of casualty(s), the incident and other first aiders, until the arrival of medical or other assistance. There are no formal qualifications associated with this course. This course includes among other first aid knowledge:
- duration and cessation of CPR
- airway obstruction
- chain of survival
- breathing recognition
- response to an unconscious casualty
- visual and verbal reporting of a casualties condition
- procedures for first aid management of multiple casualties, and
- a range of incident scenarios.
Unit of competency
- HLTAID003 Provide First Aid
- respond to an emergency situation
- apply appropriate first aid procedures
- perform at least 2 minutes of uninterrupted single rescuer CPR (5 cycles of both compression and ventilation) on an adult resuscitation manikin placed on the floor
- perform at least 2 minutes of uninterrupted single rescuer CPR (5 cycles of both compression and ventilation) on an infant resuscitation manikin placed on a firm surface
- respond to at least two simulated first aid scenarios contextualised to the your workplace and/or community setting
- conduct a visual and verbal assessment of a casualty
- demonstrate safe manual task techniques
- post-incident debrief and evaluation
- provide an accurate verbal or written report of an incident
- communicate details of an incident, and
- evaluate an incident and own performance.
Training & course requirements
There are no pre-requisites associated with HLTAID003 Provide First Aid.
You are advised to wear comfortable clothing to classes and enclosed footwear will be needed for practical training.
Fee payment options
ATA Training offer a variety of fee payment methods. Visit the Student Information page for full details.
Please speak to one of our friendly ATA Training team for more information. Contact us here.
Nationally Recognised Training
Qualifications and Statements of Attainment issued by ATA Training will be recognised by other Registered Training Organisations nationally and meet the national Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF). ATA Training recognises Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) qualifications and Statements of Attainment issued by other Registered Training Organisations. RTO Code: 52359