Recommended skills training for
Anyone seeking the skills and knowledge required to perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) in line with the Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) Guidelines. This unit of competence applies to all workers who may be required to provide CPR, in a range of situations, including community and workplace settings. The recommendation is an annual CPR refresher. If you wish to acquire further first aid knowledge and skills, ATA Training recommends you consider the HLTAID003 Provide First Aid course.
Duration, mode of delivery & assessment
- 4 hours face to face practical & theory session
- pre-reading of course material & completion of theory assessments prior to attendance, and
- assessment is by written, observation, practical and verbal questioning.
Course cost $70
The HLTAID001 Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation course provides skills and knowledge required to provide life support management of casualty(s) until the arrival of medical or other assistance. There are no formal qualifications associated with this course. The course includes among other CPR knowledge:
- duration and cessation of CPR
- airway obstruction
- chain of survival
- breathing recognition, and
- response to an unconscious casualty.
Unit of competency
- HLTAID001 Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
- respond to an emergency situation
- perform at least two (2) minutes of uninterrupted single rescuer CPR (5 cycles of both compressions and ventilations) on an adult resuscitation manikin placed on the floor
- perform at least two (2) minutes of uninterrupted single rescuer CPR (5 cycles of both compressions and ventilations) on an infant resuscitation manikin placed on a firm surface, and
- communicate details of an incident.
Training & course requirements
There are no pre-requisites associated with HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation.
You are advised to wear comfortable clothing to classes and enclosed footwear will be needed for practical training.
Fee payment options
ATA Training offer a variety of fee payment methods. Visit the Student Information page for full details.
Please speak to one of our friendly ATA Training team for more information. Contact us here.
Nationally Recognised Training
Qualifications and Statements of Attainment issued by ATA Training will be recognised by other Registered Training Organisations nationally and meet the national Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF). ATA Training recognises Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) qualifications and Statements of Attainment issued by other Registered Training Organisations. RTO Code: 52359